Far more of the most current Browns news and notes from about the net in today’s dose of the Saturday Dawg Chow.
- Browns following Eagles/Rams blueprint (NFL.com) – The Cleveland Browns have designed very the buzz with their accumulation of blue-chip talent, but I think they’re basically following a Super Bowl blueprint laid out by the Philadelphia Eagles and Los Angeles Rams. Just place, the Browns are stockpiling as several all-stars as doable although their franchise quarterback is playing on his rookie deal. The funds saved from possessing a QB1 on a price-controlled contract makes it possible for a franchise to add a quantity of top rated-tier players to the roster, as a result supporting and elevating a young starter at the game’s most crucial position.
- Mayfield going to like playing with OBJ and Landry (ESPN) – Baker Mayfield summed up his attitude about Odell Beckham Jr. joining Jarvis Landry in the Cleveland Browns offense this way: Let it rip. ”You could say the identical point about me you do not want to tame it,” the Browns quarterback told reporters in the Milwaukee Brewers locker room in Phoenix.
- Kareem Hunt suspended for eight games (cleveland.com) – The Browns will be devoid of Pro Bowl operating back Kareem Hunt for the very first eight games of the 2019 season for two physical altercations more than the final 13 months, but he can join Baker Mayfield, Odell Beckham Jr. and the rest of the Browns’ explosive offense for the second half of the campaign.
- Who is in the mix for Cleveland’s second-round choose? (clevelandbrowns.com) – It is been very a week in Berea, and we’re going to wrap it up by answering 4 of your concerns in the wake of however yet another absolutely free agent and trade blitz by the Browns to begin the league year.
- Tyreek Hill beneath investigation for alleged battery (Kansas City Star) – The Kansas City Chiefs have confirmed to The Star that they are conscious of a law enforcement investigation involving wide receiver Tyreek Hill. The Kansas Division of Youngsters and Households also mentioned it is investigating.
- Dolphins trade Ryan Tannehill to Titans (Miami Herald) – The Dolphins have traded Ryan Tannehill to the Tennessee Titans, ending a seven-year marriage that leaves the group with added draft ammunition but no clear beginning quarterback. The Dolphins are sending Tannehill and their sixth-round choose in this year’s draft for the Titans’ seventh-rounder this year and a fourth-round choose in 2020.
- Broncos GM John Elway insists Joe Flacco is nevertheless in his prime (AP) – John Elway insists Joe Flacco is at the top rated of his game at age 34 even even though the former Baltimore Ravens quarterback hasn’t thrown a pass in the playoffs considering the fact that 2015. ”Joe is a excellent match for us,” Elway mentioned at Flacco’s introductory news conference Friday. “He’s played in a lot of massive games, he has a lot of very good football left in him. At 34, (I) really feel like he’s just truly coming into his prime.”
- The begins aligned to bring Tyrod Taylor to the Chargers (chargers.com) – There’s no doubt that Tyrod Taylor is a beginning-caliber quarterback in the NFL. His resume speaks for itself, as does his reputation.