Updated Apr eight, 2019 11:05 AM EDT

Entebbe, Uganda — An American lady kidnapped in Uganda final week, who was freed on Sunday soon after a ransom was paid, has began her journey household. CBS News obtained video of California resident Kimberly Sue Endicott leaving the Inshasha Wilderness Lodge in Queen Elizabeth National Park on Monday by helicopter, headed for capital city Kampala.

The flight was the initial leg of her journey household from Uganda soon after spending practically 5 days in captivity soon after becoming kidnapped with her guide on a safari vacation.

Endicott was brought back to the wilderness camp on Sunday evening, exactly where she rested, showered and ate.

CBS News correspondent Debora Patta reports that as she produced it back to the camp, Endicott was barefoot, her pants have been ripped and she appeared utterly depleted — but she was secure.

A photo supplied by the Wild Frontiers tour business on April eight, 2019, shows American tourist Kimberly Endicott and field guide Jean-Paul Mirenge Remezo a day soon after they have been rescued following a kidnap by unknown gunmen in Uganda’s Queen Elizabeth National Park. 

Wild Frontiers/Handout

Endicott was on safari in Uganda’s famed Queen Elizabeth National Park. Just 30 minutes into the trip, her car was attacked by armed gunmen. They robbed the occupants and abducted Endicott and safari guide Jean Paul Mirenge Remezo.  An elderly Canadian couple who have been also in the car have been left unharmed and they have been capable to raise the alarm.

A huge Ugandan-led safety operation was launched, and closely monitored by the U.S. State Division. Back at household in the U.S., family members and mates prayed for a miracle.

“We have been all incredibly scared, hoping that practically nothing occurred but also your thoughts sort of goes to a negative spot occasionally,” family members pal Andrea Glasgow stated.

The kidnappers employed Remezo’s telephone to demand a $500,000 ransom. It was on that telephone that everyday “proof of life” calls have been also produced. Drones, helicopters and fire energy have been deployed in the park, but the victims had been taken across the border into the volatile Democratic Republic of Congo.

Right after 5 days of negotiations a ransom was paid, but the quantity, and the donor, have been nonetheless unknown on Monday.

“It was a negotiated handover, carried out in between the Ugandan and U.S. authorities in order to return Kimberly and Jean-Paul unharmed,” Wild Frontiers, the business that organized Endicott’s safari, stated later Monday in a written statement, adding that it had “supplied as a great deal help as achievable to the authorities” and would continue “functioning with the investigating authorities to ascertain precisely what occurred and how this can be prevented in the future.”

President Trump known as Monday on Ugandan officials to rapidly apprehend the kidnappers and bring them to justice, saying folks would not “really feel secure” going to the nation till that was carried out, but foreign vacationers at Queen Elizabeth National Park did not appear place off by the incident.

“I really feel secure with the personnel right here and I feel every little thing is nicely organized,” visitor Susanne Powarczynski told CBS News.

Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni sought to reassure vacationers on personally, insisting in his own tweet that, “Uganda is secure and we shall continue to increase the safety in our parks. Come and love the Pearl of Africa.”

The Ishasha Wilderness Camp was officially back in company on Monday. Wild Frontiers sent CBS News a photo of a new group of vacationers checking in, and becoming greeted personally by the national park’s chief warden Edward Asalo.

A tourist family members is greeted by Queen Elizabeth National Park chief warden Edward Asalo (appropriate) and a camp employees member (second from appropriate) as they verify in at the Inshasha Wilderness Camp, in Uganda, April eight, 2019.

Wild Frontiers/Handout

© 2019 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.