Anything you want to know ahead of the Premier League clash at Selhurst Park on Sunday
Manchester City will be seeking to bounce back from their midweek Champions League defeat at Tottenham when they travel back to London to face Crystal Palace on Sunday.
Purpose understands that Pep Guardiola prioritised Sunday’s league game over Tuesday’s European clash, and decided to preserve Kevin De Bruyne and Leroy Sane fresh and prepared to make an influence at Selhurst Park.
Man City Injuries
Bernardo Silva missed the game at Tottenham soon after straining a muscle in his thigh, and it is believed that he is unlikely to return on Sunday.
Oleksandr Zinchenko could be in contention after sustaining a hamstring injury against Cardiff about 10 days ago. Benjamin Mendy ought to also be readily available soon after missing out in midweek.
Danilo was not in the matchday squad on Tuesday but Purpose understands he is match to play.
Man City Suspensions
Neither side have any suspensions.
Man City Prospective Beginning Line-Up
Mendy is most likely to start out at left-back, possessing been kept out of Tuesday’s game at Spurs. Danilo could also come into the line-up, despite the fact that Kyle Walker could also continue.
Vincent Kompany is a great bet to play provided how significantly value Guardiola is providing to the game at Selhurst Park, owing to its atmosphere and Palace’s physical style. The Belgian’s leadership could be a major asset.
De Bruyne and Sane are in line to play soon after successfully getting rested in midweek. David Silva could continue in midfield, regardless of some poor type of late. If not, then Ilkay Gundogan could come into the group.
Sergio Aguero began at Tottenham, indicating that the City coaching employees do not have any issues about his earlier muscle injury.
Report continues under
Crystal Palace Group News
Max Meyer could return for Palace soon after missing the win at Newcastle with a virus, although James Tomkins is doubtful with a groin difficulty.
Mamadou Sakho has been ruled out for the season with a knee injury.
Opta Match Details
- Crystal Palace are seeking to full the top rated-flight double more than Manchester City for the 1st time due to the fact the 1972-73 campaign. Certainly, the final non-major six side to beat City twice in the identical Premier League season had been Everton back in 2010-11.
- Manchester City have won 5 of their final seven Premier League matches against Crystal Palace, even though have not beaten the Eagles in their final two encounters (D1 L1).
- Crystal Palace have won just 41% of their Premier League points in dwelling games this season (16/39), the lowest such ratio in the division.
- Manchester City have won their final eight Premier League games, maintaining a clean sheet in six of the final seven.
- Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has scored 20 Premier League ambitions in London – only Wayne Rooney (30) has scored far more when excluding ambitions for London clubs.
- Having said that, Aguero is however to score in his 5 appearances at Selhurst Park in the competitors.
Television Coverage & Kick-Off Time
Kick-off is two:05pm BST (9:05am ET) on Sunday, and will be shown on Sky Sports in the United Kingdom. It will be shown on NBC in the United States, and on several channels about the globe.