Why Do I Like the Chicago Bears This Week?
I often like the Chicago Bears.
And they can not drop two household division games and count on to win the NFC North.
Trite, Boring Thoughts on the Vikings
- Dalvin Cook has been the ideal operating back in the sport by means of 3 weeks, averaging a staggering six.six yards per try on 66 carries. Gary Kubiak and Rick Dennison have constructed Minnesota’s offense about the run game and subsequently taken the stress off Kirk Cousins. They are a group constructed to play with the lead.
- But the Bears are enabling 68.7 yards a game on the ground. So something’s gotta give.
- Cousins has only thrown 63 passes this season. That is by far the lowest total in the league, 22 fewer than the 31st ranked 49ers. That is 40 fewer passes than the Bears have attempted this season! When Cousins had to pass – against the Packers – he completed 43.eight% of his passes to a rating of 52.9. This is a undesirable, undesirable match-up for the Vikings quarterback.
- A handful of players who jumped off Vikings tape:
- Rookie Irv Smith Jr. is functioning out of the slot and adds a terrific dimension to their getting corps as a higher-percentage throw/catch guy.
- Eric Wilson was all more than the field against the Raiders, registering 11 tackles and two sacks. (He began in location of Anthony Barr.) Wilson is one particular of these defenders the OL have to account for at the snap.
Tweet of the Week
Cat Beard pic.twitter.com/jq5GSZi79a
— 41 Strange (@41Strange) September 23, 2019
I’m nevertheless alive, thanks fundamentally to the existence of the Miami Dolphins. I see two choices this week: the Los Angeles Chargers at the aforementioned Dolphins or the Kansas City Chiefs at what I think is a vastly overrated Detroit Lions group. I’m going with the latter and taking the Chiefs in a rout.
If Tampa Bay had a kicker, they’d be two-1 and quietly one particular of the far more fascinating stories in the league. This week they are having 9.five points from a Rams group that is been stuck in neutral offensively. Even if the Rams manage this contest, 9.five is a fantastic back door cover numbers. Bucs +9.five.
3 group, dollars line parlay. Chargers more than Dolphins, Chiefs more than Lions, Colts more than Raiders. That is coming in at about +100. A hundred bucks wins ya two.
Match-Up of the Week
Matt Nagy vs. His Want to Never ever Run the Ball
The Bears have run the ball 68 instances this season. Of the 13 teams who have run the ball fewer instances, only one particular of them has a winning record by means of 3 games. (New Orleans has run it 4 fewer instances.)
Nagy requirements to run it early against Minnesota. And when the run game fails – and it probably will – he requirements to remain committed to it. The Bears have a operating back in David Montgomery that can put on out defenders. But that is not going to take place with 10-12 carries. This is a heavyweight fight. The Bears have to have to use their ideal punch.
A tight, uncomfortable affair. 1 of the quarterbacks tends to make the massive error in the fourth quarter to turn the tide. Cousins. Kyle Fuller. Choose six.
Chicago Bears 20, Minnesota Vikings 16.