[ad_1]

France is nonetheless dialoguing with Syria’s Kurds, who have been essential allies in a U.S.-led coalition against IS, he stated.

“There’s some trouble” in the connection amongst the European Union and the U.S., Le Drian acknowledged. “That is why the coalition wants to meet.”

He referred to as on each the United States and Turkey to take their responsibilities and inform allies how they intend to retain fighting the IS group

Hungary’s foreign minister says it is in his country’s interests for Turkey to return migrants to Syria rather of permitting them to make their way to Europe.

Peter Szijjarto told Hungarian state media on Tuesday that Hungary was “looking exclusively at (its) national interests in this matter, not the interests of other individuals.”

Szijjarto added that Hungary’s policy is to support migrants return residence “in peaceful, calm and protected situations.”

The foreign minister stated that Hungary’s position was clear: “Turkey ought to resettle the migrants in Syria and not open the doors to Europe for 4 million migrants.”

Final week, Szijjarto acknowledged that Hungary “for a extended time” blocked the European Union from issuing a statement warning Turkey that invading Syria could make new waves of refugees.

Szijjarto and Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban have been in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan, attending a meeting of the Turkic Council, which gathers nations like Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Turkey. Hungary, exactly where the council opened an workplace final year, has observer status.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is scheduled to pay a visit to Budapest, the Hungarian capital, on Nov. 7 and met with Orban on the sidelined of the Baku gathering

U.N. diplomats say the Safety Council will hold a closed meeting Wednesday on the circumstance in northeast Syria following Turkey’s offensive.

Germany requested the meeting on behalf of the 5 council nations that are members of the European Union, the diplomats stated Tuesday, speaking on situation of anonymity due to the fact discussions have been private. The other EU council members are France, United Kingdom, Belgium and Poland.

The present Safety Council president, South Africa’s U.N. Ambassador Jerry Matjila, told reporters that a meeting had been requested and “all council members are incredibly concerned” about the circumstance on the ground.

“Everybody hopes that … we can do a thing to bring back the parties to the peace approach,” Matjila stated.

Kelly Craft, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, told reporters as she headed into the council meeting that the United States is “deeply concerned” that Russian troops are patrolling amongst Syrian and Turkish troops.

Turkey’s Defense Ministry says a soldier who was wounded in a mortar attack carried out from the Kurdish-held town of Manbij has died, raising the death toll in the assault to two.

The ministry stated the soldier was amongst eight troops who have been wounded in Tuesday’s attack, which came on the seventh day of Turkey’s incursion into northeastern Syria.

Turkey launched the offensive to drive away Syrian Kurdish fighters it considers as terrorists due to the fact of their hyperlinks to outlawed rebels fighting in Turkey.

The death raises the total quantity of Turkish soldiers killed the commence of the push to six. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has stated 16 Turkish-backed Syrian opposition fighters have also died.

NATO Secretary-Common Jens Stoltenberg has expressed concern about the impact Turkey’s invasion of northern Syria could have on the fight against the Islamic State group and stability in the area.

Stoltenberg says: “I am concerned about the consequences for … the gains we have created in fighting our popular enemy,” the Islamic State group. “And it is really significant that we preserve these gains.”

He was speaking in London on Tuesday following meeting Prime Minister Boris Johnson to talk about the actions of NATO member Turkey.

Britain and other European nations have suspended arms sales to Ankara following the invasion.

Stoltenberg says the move “reflects that a lot of NATO allies are incredibly vital and are condemning the military operation in northern Syria.”

A U.S. military spokesman says American troops have left the town of Manbij as aspect of their withdrawal from northeast Syria.

Col. Myles B. Caggins tweeted: “We are out of Manbij.”

He added that the U.S.-led “coalition forces are executing a deliberate withdrawal from northeast Syria.”

His tweet came hours following Syrian state media reported that government forces have moved into the center of Manbij exactly where they raised the national flag.

The flashpoint location housed U.S. outposts from exactly where they patrolled the area given that 2017 to deter a confrontation amongst Turkey and Kurdish fighters.

Syria’s Kurds have struck a deal with Syrian government forces to fend off the Turkish invasion, as their former ally, the U.S. has ordered a withdrawal from the northern border zone.

French diplomatic officials say talks amongst France and the U.S. are focusing on the require to avoid a re-emergence of the Islamic State group amid the violence in Syria.

According to two officials with his workplace, President Emmanuel Macron spoke with President Donald Trump in a telephone contact Monday, insisting on the threat posed by Turkey’s offensive in northeast Syria to the complete area and Europe.

The officials say France’s priority is to problem a sturdy, coordinated diplomatic response in order to place stress on Turkey so that the nation ends its offensive in northern Syria.

The officials spoke Tuesday on situation of anonymity.

Macron also spoke to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan Monday in a discussion that “underlined the deep divergence of views”, Macron’s workplace stated.

He also referred to as Iraqi President Barham Saleh.

A Russian envoy for Syria says that Moscow will not enable Turkish and Syrian government forces to clash, underscoring his country’s function as de facto energy broker in the conflict amid a U.S. pullout.

Alexander Lavrentyev, presidential envoy for Syria, told Russian state news agencies on Tuesday that “no a single is interested” in possible fighting amongst Syrian government troops and Turkish forces that entered Syria final week. Lavrentyev stated Russia “is not going to enable it.”

Lavrentyev also denied reports saying that Moscow has offered the green light to Turkey’s operation in Syria and insisted that Russia “has often believed that any military operation in Syria is unacceptable.”

Lavrentyev confirmed that Kurdish leaders and representatives of the Syrian government held talks at a Russian military base final week but stated that he was not conscious of any outcomes.

The key Kurdish-led force in Syria says it has lost 23 fighters in clashes with advancing Turkish-led forces more than the previous day.

The Syrian Democratic Forces says Tuesday that the casualties have been inflicted more than the previous 24 hours in fighting concentrated about Syria’s northern border.

The group’s statement stated that the deaths occurred at a number of flashpoints like Ras al-Ayn exactly where 11 SDF fighters have been killed, and seven in Tal Abyad.

The SDF stated that 39 of its fighters have been also wounded in the fighting.

On Sunday, the group stated at least 45 fighters had been killed given that the commence of Turkey’s invasion into northern Syria, now in its seventh day.

Britain’s foreign secretary says it has suspended arms sales to Turkey for things that could be applied for its ongoing military incursion into Syria.

Dominic Raab told Parliament Tuesday no export licenses for these things will be granted when a “very careful” evaluation of arms sales is carried out.

He says the British government calls on Turkey to “exercise maximum restraint and to bring an finish to this unilateral military action.”

Raab criticized Turkey for a “reckless” action that “plays straight into the hands of Russia” and the Syrian government.

Britain’s choice follows equivalent action taken by other European Union nations.

Turkey’s defense ministry says a Turkish soldier was killed in a mortar attack on its forces carried out from the Kurdish-held town of Manbij.

The ministry stated eight other soldiers have been wounded in Tuesday’s attack, which came on the seventh day of a Turkish incursion into northeastern Syria that aims to drive Syrian Kurdish militias away from a border location.

The Turkish military retaliated with an assault that “neutralized” an estimated 15 Syrian Kurdish fighters, the ministry stated.

Separately, two people today have been killed in a new mortar and rocket attack by Syrian Kurdish fighters on a Turkish town bordering Syria, regional officials stated. The attack on the town of Kiziltepe, Mardin province, also wounded 12 other civilians, the governor’s workplace stated.

Turkish officials say 18 civilians — excluding Tuesday’s victims — have been killed in a barrage of mortar and rocket shells fired on towns positioned on the Turkish border provinces of Mardin, Sanliurfa, Sirnak and Gaziantep, given that the operation started on Oct. 9.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has renewed a contact for Turkey to finish its offensive in northern Syria, which she says is harming the fight against the Islamic State group.

Merkel currently urged a halt to the military operation in a weekend conversation with Turkey’s president. On Tuesday, she stated it ought to be ended “because it is visibly causing a lot of human suffering and also is bringing a lot of uncertainty with a view to the fight against IS.”

She spoke alongside going to Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg, who echoed the contact for “Turkey to promptly cease the operation and to respect international law.”

Solberg noted that her nation has suspended sales of military gear to NATO ally Turkey, but she added: “I believe it is greater to have Turkey inside NATO than outdoors NATO.” She stated it is greatest to have Turkey in “our family members,” but “we can not behave as if this had not occurred.”

The U.N. humanitarian help coordinator says at least 160,000 civilians in northeastern Syria have been displaced amid Turkish-led military operations against Kurdish fighters.

Spokesman Jens Laerke of the Workplace for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs says most of the displacement has taken spot from the towns of Ras al-Ayn and Tal Abyad, exactly where people today are fleeing south.

He stated OCHA was particularly concerned about some 13,000 people today at the Ein Issa displacement camp, close to exactly where “hostilities and shelling” took spot Monday.

Separately, spokesman Rupert Colville of the U.N. human rights workplace stated it was “not seeing big numbers of civilian casualties” so far — “a handful of every day” — but people today have been becoming killed on each sides of the Syria-Turkey border.

He cautioned: “Obviously we’re not necessarily hearing all instances, either.”

Turkey’s leader says its troops and allied Syrian opposition forces now hold some 1,000 sq. kilometers of territory in northeast Syria.

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan created the comments Tuesday, in the course of a Turkic-speaking nations’ meeting in Baku, Azerbaijan, exactly where he also referred to as for “strong solidarity” from these nations to Turkey’s incursion into Syria, which is now in its seventh day.

The Turkish push has triggered widespread condemnation. The United States referred to as on Turkey to quit the offensive and declare a cease-fire, when European Union nations moved to broaden an arms sale embargo.

Erdogan stated that as of Tuesday morning, Turkey had “liberated around a 1,000 sq. kilometer area” from Kurdish groups it considers “terrorists” for hyperlinks to an insurgency inside its personal borders.

He stated the Turkish-led forces aimed to capture a border location in Syria spanning from the city of Manbij to the Iraqi border.

The Kurdish-led administration in northern Syria says humanitarian situations are having worse by the day given that Turkey started its invasion final week.

Tuesday’s statement warned that there is lack of a great deal-necessary humanitarian help following international organizations stopped their activities and withdrew their workers.

The region’s semi-autonomous administration stated there is a lack of health-related gear and medicines following “most of the health-related centers stopped functioning.”

The administration referred to as on the U.N., Arab League and European Union to “intervene promptly and deliver health-related, logistical and humanitarian help to the displaced to stay clear of the humanitarian crisis.”

The U.N. human rights workplace is urging Turkey to investigate reported instances of “summary executions” that could have been committed by a Turkish-backed armed group in northern Syria.

Rupert Colville, a spokesman for the U.N. Higher Commissioner for Human Rights, on Tuesday cited video footage displaying fighters with the Ahrar al-Sharqiya armed group filming themselves capturing and executing 3 Kurdish captives on a highway in northern Syria on Saturday.

He cited reports of an additional alleged summary execution of a Kurdish lady politician on the identical road, also on Saturday.

Colville told reporters in Geneva that Turkey “could be deemed responsible” for violations committed by armed groups more than which it has “effective control” or the group’s operations in the course of which the violations occurred.

He stated the videos have been broadly circulated on social media.

Syrian state media says government forces have entered the center of the as soon as Kurdish-held northern town of Manbij and raised the national flag.

A video released by SANA showed some people today gathered in the key square waving Syrian flags Tuesday morning.

Syrian President Bashar Assad’s forces had left the location at the height of the civil war, leaving it to the Kurdish groups.

The flashpoint location housed U.S. troops who patrolled the area given that 2017 to deter a confrontation amongst Turkey and Kurdish fighters.

The Kurdish Hawar News Agency stated American troops left the town on Tuesday morning moving west toward the Tishrin Dam on the Euphrates.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan signaled on Monday that his military was prepared to start the assault Manbij.

Italy’s foreign minister says that his nation will examine all current arms contracts with Turkey to see if they can be legally cancelled.

Luigi Di Maio told lawmakers on Tuesday that Italy will block all future arms exports to Turkey, as agreed the earlier day by a summit of EU foreign ministers condemning Turkey’s military offensive in northern Syria.

Di Maio referred to as on Turkey to “immediately suspend all military operations in Syria,” saying it alone was accountable for the aggression and that they only way to resolve the Syrian crisis is by means of diplomacy.

Turkey has defied widespread opposition from its NATO allies and pressed on with its military operation against Kurdish groups in Syria, now in its seventh day.

Turkish artillery is pounding suspected Syrian Kurdish positions close to a town in northeast Syria as Turkey’s military incursion enters its seventh day.

An Connected Press journalist on Tuesday reported heavy bombardment of targets in the countryside of Ras al Ayn, days following Turkey announced that it had captured the border town. Turkish jets also carried out at least a single airstrike.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a war monitor, reported Kurdish fighters had retaken the town.

A Turkish military official denied reports that Turkey had begun an assault on the Kurdish-held town of Manbij, devoid of providing additional detail.

Meanwhile, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan defended Turkey’s offensive in an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal, calling on the international neighborhood to assistance the initiative or “begin admitting refugees” from Syria.

Copyright 2019 The Connected Press. All rights reserved. This material could not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

[ad_2]