[ad_1]

These exquisite, colourful scarves are woven by neighborhood artists with silk fabric. The scarves bear standard patterns and are regarded as one particular of the popular symbols of the province.

In addition to the art of weaving, the unrivalled fabulous patterns on the scarves have produced them all the additional desirable and internationally popular.

It is stated that the scarves woven in this compact town with a population of only 20,000 folks are amongst the most highly-priced ones in the globe. Even one particular such scarf produced hundreds of years ago is kept at the Louvre Museum in France.

These scarves are exported to nations such as Germany, the United States, Turkey, Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan.

World’s Most Expensive Scarf Is Made of Silk and Tar 90The scarves are produced utilizing a strategy referred to as Batik printing, which is one particular of the abilities native to locals in Oskoo. The Batik printing art was registered on the national list of handicrafts in 2010 as the most essential handicraft of this town.

Batik printing entails stamping silk fabric with standard patterns colouring fabric with organic dye.

It is fascinating to know that tar is utilised to do the designing and chisel operate in order to make dye additional steady and additional impenetrable. The additional patterns a scarf has, the additional highly-priced it is.

The 500-year-old art is neighborhood to Oskoo, and Batik printing is amongst the jobs carried out by family members members and most workshops undertaking Batik printing are family members enterprises.

Saeed Behmanesh is the owner of one particular of these workshops.

“From A to Z of the production procedure is carried out at workshops, and most of our merchandise are exported to Turkmenistan, Turkey, the Azerbaijan Republic, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan and Pakistan,” he says.

He says it requires many days to generate one particular Batik-patterned scarf. He says the production procedure has practically 30 stages.

World’s Most Expensive Scarf Is Made of Silk and Tar (29)The styles chiseled with tar are washed with oil, for the reason that the only material that can wash away tar is oil. Then they hand the fabric on ropes on rooftops and leave them there till oil evaporates. Then the fabric is washed with water and soap and taken to the dry cleaner’s.

Every single workshop has its personal brand.

The scarves are usually utilised for delighted occasions such as wedding ceremonies.

About 40 % of the Baltik-made scarves developed in this town are supplied to the domestic marketplace and the remaining 60 % are exported.

Documents show Baltik printing was initially an art of China prior to it reached its climax in Indonesia. Then the art was promoted in other nations such as India, Sri Lanka and Malaysia. In the 17th century, nations like the Netherlands and France pursued the Baltik sector as nicely.

And as Iran lies on the Silk Road, Iranians got familiar with the art thanks to merchants and convoys that travelled along that route and started to practice it.

[ad_2]